Have you ever wanted to Take the Plunge into self-employment?
If yes then our short 2-day Plunge course is for you.
- You will look into what self-employment really means, the highs and lows, the good the bad and even the ugly!
- You will spend some time looking at the skills and characteristics required and also your attitude.
- You will explore potential business ideas and what you would need to do to get started.
- Some time will be spent understanding how you can use social media for your business.
- The course is designed to help you make your mind up that self-employment is right for you. If you decide that you want to go ahead then we will organise some 1-1 support to get your idea moving.
This course is FULLY FUNDED and available to everyone living in County Durham, regardless of your current circumstances.
The Eureka Programme
What is The Eureka Programme?
It is a 5-day programme delivered in various locations around the Tees Valley and lunch is provided. You will work towards achieving an NCFE Level 1 Award in Developing Enterprise Skills and an NCFE Level 1 Award in Managing your Money.
This programme allows you to meet other like-minded people looking to explore a business idea or putting together the first steps to starting as well as giving you two qualifications.
What Does It Include?
This course will involve meeting other like-minded people and work together to set goals for yourself. You will also work out and implement solutions to remove barriers to starting a business. While identifying potential opportunities and putting practical solutions into practice. While on this course you will identify areas of making sales while working on sales techniques and how to implement them. Also, you will be developing a budget, considering practical sources for funding the business and you will look at cash flow and how to make it work for you.
Are you an ex-SSI employee? We are putting together a regular networking group called "Steel Connections" for those who have started a business or even if you haven't started your own business but were affected by the closure come along for a chat and we will see how we can help you! We host them every month contact us if you are interested in attending